If you’re new to continuous improvement software and are looking to find out more, let me tell you about this type of software and specifically what PDCA Complete can do.
What is continuous improvement software?
Continuous improvement software helps organizations to focus and drive their continuous improvement activities. We built PDCA Complete to help organizations to capture their improvement opportunities and manage them with the least amount of effort. After all, if you don’t realize your improvements you don’t get any results!
Many of our customers are following a Lean journey and continuous improvement software can be indispensable when eliminating waste from your organization. In fact, it is so important to us at PDCA Complete that we built a specific waste walk audit function!
Continuous improvement software aims to help businesses to become more efficient and effective in their operations. Good software should help you to identify ways to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and maintain quality standards. By using continuous improvement software, organizations can eliminate redundant tasks and increase productivity.
So, how does it help to improve productivity?
A big topic for all organizations. Increasing productivity is all about being able to produce more with the same, or less, resource. Some of PDCA Complete’s tools that can help to do this:
- Waste walking – identify wastes hidden within your operations.
- CCC – capture team concerns that prevent high levels of productivity and convert them into action plans.
- Meetings – instantly capture meeting minutes and distribute actions. Spend less time on administration and more time on ‘production’.
- Workflows – capture digital copies of your processes, so that you don’t have to ‘remember to remember’ the best way to execute a process.
There are opportunities all around us. The biggest failure of most organizations is failing to capture these issues and take advantage of them. PDCA Complete is designed to minimize the admin effort to juggle a range of improvement and business activities, to allow you to drive up productivity.
Benefits of continuous improvement software
You’ve probably got the gist now but let’s cover the key benefits you can get from this type of software.
1. Increased Productivity: As discussed, you can use the tools within PDCA Complete to help you identify opportunities for improvement. The more positive change you can make, the higher the output per person in your organization.
2. Improved Quality: Identifying and eliminating defects in procedures and processes can help improve quality standards, resulting in improved customer satisfaction. We’ve got a built in auditing tool to help you perform audits fast.
3. Reduced Costs: Streamlining processes can lead to reduced costs, as fewer resources will be needed to execute them efficiently. Our software helps you to identify these opportunities and manage them efficiently.
4. Increased Efficiency: Any time there is a impedance in your business, it zaps your efficiency. Spot them, capture them, create the actions and execute. Efficiency increases over time.
Any good continuous improvement software should pay back quickly. Just one modest improvement for your organization should more than cover a year’s cost. We’ve got a payback calculator just for the meetings module alone. You can check it out here.
Understand your business needs
Before choosing a continuous improvement software solution, it’s important to understand the specific needs of your business or organization. It’s not enough to just know that you need help with quality control and process optimization; you should know how you want to approach your goals.
There are lots of software tools out there, each doing something slightly different. We designed PDCA Complete from the perspective of business management and continuous improvement. We wanted to provide a tool that can help with the day to day of task management and help drive improvement with the least amount of effort.
One of our differences to most online tools is our bucket system. We realize that you can’t undertake every project you think up. We’ve built in a priority system so that you can figure out what is going to give you the ‘biggest bang for your buck’ and launch when ready.
In order to select the most suitable solution for your needs, weigh all the factors including your budget and timeline.
Choose an easy-to-use interface
It’s important to select a continuous improvement tool that’s easy for everyone in your team or organization to use. It should be intuitive enough so that users don’t have to waste time learning how the system works or figuring out where they can find various functions.
We’ve built in a support system that is easy to access. From any module within PDCA Complete you can click on the help icon and go straight to the corresponding help page. PDCA Complete is easy to use but we want to make sure that you can get the most out of it as fast as possible.
To help you get started with PDCA Complete we offer a free account. This is for up to three users and you can upgrade at any time to get more of your team into the system. Continuous improvement software works best when your whole team is part of it and participating.
All of the modules of the system are available to you with the free account. To find out more about the differences, check out our pricing page.
Continuous improvement software is an increasingly popular tool among business owners and managers looking to improve their operations. By enabling companies to focus on long-term plans for growth, continuous improvement software can help ensure that businesses don’t fall behind in a changing economy.
We hope this article has helped to clear up what this type of software does and how it can help your organization.